With the starter of the NBA season just around the corner, the Los Angeles Lakers had one big looming question. Would it be Lonzo Ball or Rajon Rondo starting at point guard alongside LeBron James to begin the year?
One big issue was Ball’s offseason knee injury, and it seems that this played a role in Rajon Rondo being named the day one starter. Lakers coach Luke Walton broke the news to ESPN’s Dave McMenamin (via ESPN’s Ohm Youngmisuk) at the team’s media day. Since that news is now known, let’s take a look at how the Lakers starting lineup and roster will look with Rondo running the point.
*Note: Players with an asterisk are the projected starters.
- Point guard: Rajon Rondo*, Lonzo Ball (likely out), Alex Caruso, Isaac Bonga
- Shooting guard: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope*, Josh Hart, Lance Stephenson
- Small forward: LeBron James*, Kyle Kuzma, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
- Power forward: Brandon Ingram* Michael Beasley, Moritz Wagner, Travis Wear
- Center: JaVale McGee, Ivica Zubac
Source: Heavy Sports