Everson Griffen’s Wife, Tiffany, Called Police After Vikings Player Went to Trae Waynes’ Home

Instagram Photo

More details are emerging about Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen’s troubling weekend, including Everson’s wife, Tiffany Griffen, calling the police. There are several different layers to the story, but the overall theme is that Griffen seems to be struggling with mental illness.

According to Deadspin, Tiffany spoke with police on several occasions over the weekend after Everson was not acting like his normal self. Here is a snippet from Tiffany’s meeting with police at a park that was detailed in the police report obtained by Deadspin.

Tiffany said that Everson has not been acting normal lately. She stated that last Sunday on 09-16-18 they were sleeping and in the middle of the night he got up and left. Tiffany said that he does this from time to time as he is fighting with “demons” in his head and that it’s normal for him to run away and has done this throughout his life. Tiffany said that Everson didn’t return home until Wednesday 09-19-18. He said they verbally argued for a little bit and left about an hour later. Tiffany said that Everson didn’t return home until earlier in the morning Saturday 09-22-l8. Tiffany said she was taking a shower and he walked into the bathroom and the first thing he said to her was “So who Died?” Everson then made a comment about “I just want help.” Tiffany said he didn’t make any sense and asked him what he was talking about. A short time later Everson told Tiffany to get the f— out.

Everson’s Wife, Tiffany, Called Police After He Was at Trae Waynes’ Home

According to the Star Tribune, Tiffany called the police after Everson was found at Vikings teammates Trae Waynes house. There are varying accounts as to whether Everson tried to break-in to Trae’s home, but Trae released a statement saying it was not a break-in. The Star Tribune described Tiffany’s call to the police.

Griffen’s wife then called and said he was at teammate Trae Waynes’ home down the road. Griffen was trying to break in, had jumped through bushes and was shirtless. Within minutes, Griffen’s wife notified police that he was in a pickup truck with someone who didn’t know what to do with him. The man had encountered Griffen at a gas station and delivered him home.

Police met Griffen outside late Saturday afternoon, and he was making comments about “777” — having to do with angels — and that he went to Waynes’ home because “God made me do it.”

Trae released a statement to ESPN’s Courtney Cronin denying there was a break-in and emphasizing he never felt unsafe.

“To clarify, there was no attempted break-in at our home and at no point did my family or I feel unsafe. We are friends with the Griffen family and we are here to support them in any way possible during these trying times,” Trae said in the statement.

Source: Heavy Sports